Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Loving Summer

It's finally here. After months of cool days and cold nights, we finally have weather that's like summer. It couldn't have come any sooner for me.

Summer is about sleeping in, goofing off, and becoming a little more carefree. I remember summers as a kid, and that delicious taste of freedom from responsibilities. I love to see that in my own kids now. They lounge around and do nothing, and after the first week, I haven't heard any "there's nothing to do" complaints. Because when you're free, there's always something to do.

I don't even mind that there seem to be a few more things for me to do. A few more towels to wash, a hose to put away after a sprinkler session on the lawn. A ridiculous number of plastic cups to wash after they have been retrieved from the far reaches of the house and yard.

All too soon the realities of responsibility will return for all of us, but for now, hand me an iced-tea and let's kick back. This is absolutely my favorite time of year.

How about you? What's your favorite season?

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Summer in Chicago is enchanting. There is no where on earth, I'd rather be.

The Mother said...

Funny, I've been reading lost of blogs with moms pulling their hair out because it's summer.

You can always tell the moms with little ones, v. the moms with teens (well, pre-teens, but still capable of fending for themselves.

What A Card said...

Summer, what's that? Here in Boston, it's a balmy 58 degrees now! I mean, it's only July 1. It's not like summer has to be in any hurry to arrive :)

Fall is my favorite season...I love the colors and smells and apples and beauty of it.

Laura said...

We had miserably hot weather last week, but today it's freezing outside! I think the high today was only 62 in Northern Indiana.

My favorite season is definitely fall. I love the cool, crisp weather, the changing leaves, and that it kicks off the holiday season.

owlfan said...

I think Spring might be my favorite. It's getting warmer, but not as hot as summer. I can look forward to the freedom of summer (but without experiencing the reality of a teen and tween fighting all the time).

Dena said...

It's not really it's own season really, but I like the very end of summer/beginning of fall. It's not too hot, not too cold & still light out until pretty late at night. I guess you could say my favorite season is September! LOL!

monica said...

Love summer time. It is sitting back relaxing and enjoying the outside. It seems like the kids are happier if they are able to play outside and not bicker as much! Very fun!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs