Thursday, July 30, 2009

Finished for Friday: The end of an era


I'm afraid I have a somber FFF today. I did have needlework done but my mind and my heart are heavy with the passing of my old beloved cat Nina.

This picture was taken in better days. She lived over 18 full, wonderful years and despite her serious face in this shot, she was an incredibly loving companion.

Although we have the pair of mischievous kittens to keep us busy, there is a hole in the house that Nina used to fill, and I will miss her a lot.

Animals can be such a quiet blessing to our lives, and it's hard to say goodbye, even when you know the time has come.

I do want to see your projects and accomplishments this week. Thank you as always for joining in. Have a wonderful weekend and cherish those you love - whether they have 2 legs or 4, or maybe fins.

15 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Coloradolady said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. Animals become part of our family, and it is not easy to lose a pet. Hugs...I know you are feeling sad, and no words really make it better.

Laura said...

I'm very sorry for the loss of your cat; it seems like she was a very important part of your family.

Bea said...

My thoughts are with you and your family. It is so difficult losing one of our furry companions. She is running free at the Rainbow Bridge.

I actually will have a finish this week! Besides cooking meals and washing all the dishes for our guest this week, I have managed to finish and apron I have been working on since MAY! Just need some pictures. Back later.

Hugs to you.

Kellie said...

Again, so so sorry for the loss...she was such a beautiful girl, I know she'll be missed.

Dena said...

OH NO!!! :(
I am really sorry you now have lost both of the "old girls". Sending tons and tons of hugs!!

Burbank Babe said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your kitty, Nina. I know you lost your other kitty recently, too. My heart breaks for you.

I loved that you mentioned fins. My darling fishie, Speckles, gave birth to 47 live babies last night and we were all a-flurry with trying to catch them and safe-keep them before they were all eaten by our other fishies. Oh, and momma fishie is doing just fine, too.

I hope that the news at least brightens your day, even if just a little bit.

PS-Do your kids wants some fish?

The Mother said...

The only thing I finished this week was weeding the front beds.

Oh, and my novel.

Lindsay-ann said...

Just catching up with your blog today as we have been away for a few bays at the beach. Sorry to hear about your cat. That was a fantastic age she had reached. You must have looked after her well and loved her lots.
Lindsay
x

Cathi said...

I'm so sorry!! I know how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh ThreeUnder (and family), I am so sorry to learn of Nina's passing. While 18 years is a remarkable life, no doubt it didn't seem enough.

Wishing you peace in the sadness...and happy memories.

Lisa said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your Nina. I know you gave her a wonderful, and very long, life. (She was a looker, huh?)

Miri said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your lovely cat, Nina.

LauraC said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

monica said...

I am sorry for your loss. Great picture!

Jocasta said...

I'm so sorry. We are about to lose Fred in the next few days I think. :( Nothing really makes it easier - apart from wine I think!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs