Thursday, July 30, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Dwarf

I'm not sure how old this little garden statue is, but he's heavy, unlike the resin statues Disney has been selling in recent years. This is Bashful from the movie Snow White and he's lived in various places around the yard. Here he is gracing the front porch with some of my animal planters.

A few weeks ago I let Wasabi Girl and a friend pot a bunch of flowers and they had fun finding all my empty pots and filling them. I might not have put something quite so tall in that duck, but it's cute.

Vintage Thingy Thursday is hosted by Coloradolady. Please visit her to see all the vintage goodies this week.

Please join me tomorrow for Finished for Friday!

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Old Time Cindy said...

I like the color combo of pink and white that you have going with your statues.

Coloradolady said...

What a great statue, I have not seen one like this, I would be careful with that one, you know how collectible Disney is.

Have a great VTT!

Anonymous said...

what a delightful display..i love that sweet little bunny planter :)

★Carol★ said...

I love this little threesome, especially that sweet bunny with the hot pink impatiens! I'm also liking the idea of using all animal planters outside!

Becky said...

Adorable!!! I think Wasabi and friend did a great job too.

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

It's kind of odd, but I have been terrified of yard gnomes my entire life. Seriously. But Bashful there? Nope, I think I'd be all smiles if I walked up your walkway and saw him. He's just downright adorable!

Bea said...

I think the girls did a great job. Love the pink with the white. And Bashful is such a cutie.

CC said...

Oooo, I loved the setting..everything just belongs there, and Bashful has supervised. And he approves.. :). Happy VTT and have a great weekend.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs