Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's Adventure Week

Everyone is having adventures this week. Here is a well-prepared little scout off for a week of scout camp at Catalina Island with his dad.

This little beauty with the matching pink luggage and pillow is off for a week of Bible camp in the redwood trees. (Yes, her Bible is pink too).


Meanwhile, back home, this brave actress is in the final week of rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof. Here she is practicing the bottle dance.

As for me, I am having adventures at my sewing machine creating dozens of costumes for Drama Girl's play.

It's going to be a fun busy week for everyone, even though we're not all together. Thinking about all the adventures ahead makes my Monday. To see more happy Monday stories, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I love the bottle dance. I can hear the music right now.

Laura said...

Wow, at first it looked like you'd be having a quiet week at home with two of your children away at camp (and DH away, too!) but I think you and Drama Girl are going to be having a busy week. Good luck to her this week! (and to you with the costumes!)

Bea said...

What stories will be told at your dinner table next week! Tell Drama Girl I said, "Break a leg!"

monica said...

You will have a quiet week at home with only one child. But it sounds like a busy one. Have a great week. This also would make my monday!

Lisa said...

Wow. I wish our kids were the same age and went to the same school. You must get just worn right out by all the volunteering you do! (I think I am going to try to keep it quiet that I sew.)

Hopefully everyone has lots of fun this week!

debi9kids said...

What a great summer for your kids! Looks like a fabulous time for all of them. Such fun!
Can't wait to see the actual play pictures :)
Happy Monday!

The Mother said...

My scout is heading off for high adventure camp, where he gets to party like it's 1899 for a week in the mountains of Virginia.

Problem: he needs WOOL blankets and a WOOL coat (they take this period stuff seriously). Found blankets at the army surplus store, but you can't buy wool coats in Houston in the WINTER.

So, an extra blanket to be ripped up into a coat. Just one more thing in my to do box.

Dawn said...

How nice that they all have special things to do. Good luck with all that sewing!
Dawn

Cheryl Lage said...

I just love how bubbling with anticipation both Jungle and Wasabi are with their adventures pending....

Can hardly wait for the tales of Drama Girl's performances! :)
(and to see your handiwork on the costumes...)

Thank you so very much for Making My Monday by playing along!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs