Thursday, July 9, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Lefton China


As promised a while back, I was able to dig out some more of my Lefton China to show you. The large teapot is a musical teapot; it plays when it is lifted up. Fun stuff. The cups have buffet dishes that go with them, that I didn't fit into the picture. All of the pieces are handpainted.

Vintage Thingies Thursday is hosted by Colorado Lady. Visit her and check out all the great vintage items bloggers are sharing today.

Don't forget to join me tomorrow for Finished for Friday!

19 people stopped folding laundry to write:

ClassyChassy said...

Those are gorgeous!!! Amazing workmanship!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I love those! Should I leave you my address to have them shipped to me? ha. I am sure you are keeping those for a very long time.

Dawn said...

Ohhh, I LOVE your china. The colors are wonderful. It would go lovely in my living room. I'm off to find out more about it.

BTW, I read about the washing machine. Not long ago I had a similar problem. We discovered a pipe in the crawl space under the kitchen had come apart. Everything from my laundry room and kitchen was dumping right under the house and had been doing so for a while.Ug! The story is part of my father's day post 'cause dad came to the rescue!

Ok, now I'm off to research that china!
Dawn

Janet, said...

that is so beautiful! I love the beige and pink colors together.

LV said...

I loved your tea set. Nice post.

★Carol★ said...

What a beautiful set! What time should I be over for tea?!

Miri said...

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful!

The Mother said...

My grandmother had a collection of exquisite china cups and saucers. When she went into the nursing home, they all disappeared...

Being modern types, my mom and I didn't care enough to investigate, but I do often wonder what kind of heritage was just lost.

Unknown said...

Musical! How fun! The hand painting on these things always amazes me, the time and attention to detail.

Coloradolady said...

This is beautiful...and musical too, man, I would never use them for fear of breaking something!!

Have a great weekend and a Happy VTT!

CC said...

Oooo, your china is gorgeous..just beautiful. Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.

Patty said...

OMG, it's gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Musical??? Oh wow, what a treasure you have! Of course....you seem to have lots of little treasures and they're all adorable! I'm looking at that little aqua gentleman teapot as we speak... eeeeek.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pieces..hard to believe they are handpainted :)

JEWELGIRL said...

How are you! Surviving summer?
This china is gorgeous, I am green
with envy. Simply beautiful!

Eileen said...

Gasp

Roslyn said...

OMG that is a fabulous set!

Becky said...

So so very pretty! What song does the teapot play?

Bea said...

Beautiful pieces. Can you still serve tea from the musical pot?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs