Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Perfect Gift: Duck Tape

What did Drama Girl want the most for her birthday? Duck tape. I had no idea that this is the new rage in middle school. Here is her haul, displayed on her messy desk. She's just thrilled about it.

Why duck tape? Because apparently you can do a million things with it. Here she is with a bag she decorated with plaid duck tape. You do have plaid duck tape at your house, don't you?

According to Drama Girl, kids are making flip-flops, purses, wallets - all kinds of things out of duck tape. I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.


And speaking of things that make a girl happy on her birthday. . . let's hear it for peanut butter chocolate hot fudge parfaits!

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that parfait looks AMAZING! And Drama Girl looks so grown up!

pigbook1 said...

i helps that duck tape has come out with all sorts of colors and patterns. Kids get super creative with it!

magda said...

But did you get her the duct tape make-your-own-wallet kit?

('Cause my mother did and I'm probably not going to use it.)

And, yes, we have plaid duct tape.

Lisa said...

LOL! My 2 yr old niece just got hot pink duct tape for her birthday too- so her mama could keep her diaper on WITH STYLE! LOL! Apparently, this gift is popular for all age groups now. Who knew?

I have gotten e-mail forwards with duct tape dresses and such, but didn't know it was "the" thing now. I'm all for wardrobe creativity! The plaid bag rocks!

Bea said...

Love the bag. Looks like a great birthday all around...

Eileen said...

The colored stuff is new.. but my oldest son has been doing everything with duct tape for years. When he was in college he came home with his first car.. the entire front right side was held together with duct tape. I was in utter horror.

LOVE the bag! Very cool stuff. Show more things please!

Elizabeth said...

VIVA la Duct Tape!
I've seen purses, dresses, wallets, etc made with duct tape...
turn her loose!

The Mother said...

A girl with duct tape and a screwdriver will always be able to fend for herself. Gotta love it.

Cheryl Lage said...

Drama Girl looks so pretty and happy. And with that haul of tape, why not? Seriously, I guess it is all the rage...Sarah's best friend has a table well-stocked and they have a GREAT time making faux cell phones (with text functions), etc.

Happy Belated, DG!

Dawn said...

I had no idea duct came in plaid, or any of those other great colors either! I just might have to get me some.
Dawn

Lindsay said...

I've got a beautiful rose made out of duck tape but no idea how it was made!

Dena said...

Let me know if she wants camo duct tape. Or any other color that you couldn't find there. I have several rolls of camo here at the house & also the Army/Navy surplus store here has just about any color you can think of (though no plaid)!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs