Thursday, August 13, 2009

Finished for Friday: New Employees

I've finally been able to get to my sewing machine (yeah!) and I've worked on a few quilts. They've been stacking up though because I'm not limber enough yet to get down on the floor and baste them for quilting. (For a full rundown on the typical disasters I encounter basting quilts, see this post.)

The solution? Asking my twins for help. They were good sports about the whole thing, but they weren't wildly enthusiastic about the task. They did a great job and now I actually have a quilt top that's ready to be quilted (yeah!).

But this isn't the only quilt top in the house. I confess I have a big stack. After they did such a good job I asked the twins if they'd do some more for me. They thought about it and decided they would do it - if I pay them in ice cream.

I'm thrilled I'm going to get my stack of quilt tops one step closer to being real quilts. I know this technically isn't a finish - more like a start. But it's my meme so I can stretch the rules.

There was a little unhappiness in the house by those who were banished from the room during the process.


What have you been up to this week?


Lit and Laundry


Please join in and let us admire your accomplishments. Have a great weekend!

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

That quilt looks beautiful; I love those colors.

Eileen said...

Love that quilt too. and your floor.. wish mine shone and sparkled like that. :-)

Still working on my things this Friday. But it should be finished (Made) for Monday.

Unknown said...

I love the autumn colors in that quilt; it would go great in my BR!
I have my twin nephews help me with all sorts of projects like this.
I'm having a big book giveaway, hope you'll check it out.

HeatherV said...

Awesome! Have been following your work but not posting weekly as I have been gone. But have big plans for a cook a thon and last summer vacation days to do, so back next week.

LauraC said...

I bet Goddess is going to be so excited to see this post and see that her twins could help in her future!

Liz Jimenez said...

I love it! Can't wait until my kids are old enough to do more than walk all over it. :-)

In the meantime, I'm documenting my vacation finishes on my quilting blog!
teeny tiny quilts

Bea said...

I'd work for ice cream! Love the colors in that quilt. I've got some finishes this week. Yea! I'll share them later.

Laura said...

Yay you for getting your kids to help! Now if we could only get the cats to help....

Have a great weekend!

Lisa said...

Whatwhat??!! Children eventually become USEFUL???

I have ice cream at my house, as well as 5 or 6 quilt tops, so if they want to come over... :o)

I have no Friday Finish today, but I do have a quilt in progress for a wedding that is NEXT Friday, so next week I will have a nice quilty finish to share. Or maybe the wedding couple is gonna get a card with cash. (It's a cute quilt.)

debi9kids said...

You are so talented! I LOVE your quilts!!!!! Just gorgeous!

ps Smart twinies :)

Dana and Daisy said...

you win the most amenable children award, ever!

thank you for visiting and stop by anytime! Love, Dana

Cheryl Lage said...

What a wonderful layer of sentiment you are adding to this gorgeous piece. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs