Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Cough Cough Sneeze

Calling in sick! I've avoided all the bugs as long as I could, but it looks like it's my turn. While you read this, I'm curled up with a cup of tea and Jane Austen on my kindle.

Dear husband fixed me chicken soup and a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. Sometimes it's nice to feel like a 7-year old again!

Seems like everyone I talk to is getting sick. Even my mom friends on facebook. Maybe it's a computer virus. . .

The irony is, I don't have any embroidery to do at the moment, since I finished stitching my magnum opus. I'm so used to picking it up every spare minute. I'm going to have to start another big project soon.

Have you managed to avoid getting sick yet?

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

What A Card said...

It is crazy how facebook is lit up with "oh no, I'm sick" status updates.

I have a weird virus my husband had last week where the main symptom is vertigo. It's SOOO weird, though thus far much easier than the cold I just got over. Back to school season is rough on us parents!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

JamaGenie said...

Knock on wood, I've not caught what's going around. Getting sick is God's way of saying "you need a break". Take advantage of it! (And bravo to your husband!)

Unknown said...

*major hugs* I know just where you're at. I just got over a cold myself. Try drinking a cup of hot water with lemon juice before bed. I felt a lot better the next morning.

Bea said...

I hope you get well soon! Rest and fluids.

Vegas Gal said...

I had swine flu the week I got fired. I was so stressed I fainted and hit my head on concrete and got a brain hemorrhage. When I got out of the hospital, I had to look for a job.

I found one!! So there is a happy ending but being sick was awful.

I hope you feel better soon!

Your sis.

Edith said...

So sorry you are sick...we've had it here as well. Thankfully most of us are well again...now to stay healthy.

Blessings.

Coloradolady said...

Hope you feel better soon....a lot of stuff is going around, I hold my breath everyday not to get something....hope you will be back up and feeling good in no time.

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm sick too! Hope you feel better very soon.........and enjoy that Jane Austen!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Sorry to hear you are under the weather. Get well soon!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs