Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Quilt-a-thon 11:00 Wednesday

Taking a short break now to eat wheat thins get a load of laundry in. I got the pieced blocks and alternate blocks up on the design wall, which is a big piece of neutral flannel stapled to a plywood cabinet door in my garage. I used to get the best perspective on my quilts when we parked the car in the garage and I could gaze at my quilts as I backed out and they diminished. I might have run over a few cats by not looking behind me, but I don't think so.

These days, in lieu of backing out a car, I use either a peep hole from the hardware store, or for a big layout like this, a reducing glass. It's like a magnifying glass except it does the opposite. I'm sure Alice in Wonderland would have found it a handy tool.

The next step is deciding if I want to shuffle around any of those blocks, then I'll start sewing them together. Back in an hour. . .

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Lynn said...

Wow. My baby blankets are dull in comparison. Nice job. Love the updates. Makes me feel like we are sewing in the same room. In spirit if not in person, eh?

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Love the layout and the perspective tools are great. The peep hole intrigues me. Is this meant for a front door? COOL! Course, backing out the driveway would be more fun especially as our cat thinks it's her private basking spot.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs