Thursday, October 29, 2009

Finished for Friday: Christmas Wishes


Now that the big Halloween quilt is out of the way I can get to some of the other quilts that have been piling up around here. This is the completed "Christmas Wishes" quilt from the free patterns by Gail Pan.

I've also started another quilt full of embroidery blocks, this one from Bunny Hill. I started with the October block and I'll catch up as time allows. I thought this was cute.

I also read a great book this week, "Nurtureshock: New Thinking About Children," by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman.




This book debunks many popular theories about parenting and describes in a very readable way what current research really reveals about such things as those ubiquitous Baby Einstein videos. Every parent should read this book. I'll keep it on my kindle and probably reread sections of it.

Please join in if you have accomplishments to share this week. Jack-o-lanterns? Halloween costumes? I love seeing what you've been up to. Please visit the other participants to cheer them on. Have a happy Halloween and save a Reeses for me!

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Branlaadee said...

Your quilt is beautiful! You did a wonderful job. :)

That book sounds interesting. I may have to check it out. Did you see that Baby Einstien is giving parents a refund? It was on the news the other day. We didnt have anything like that when my kids were little.

Unknown said...

Your Christmas quilt is gorgeous, and I eagerly await the multi-holiday quilt. That Halloween square is very cute.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs