Thursday, October 1, 2009

Finished for Friday: Eating That Frog

Today's finish is in the "lit" category - a classic book called "Eat That Frog" by Brian Tracy. The Subtitle is "21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time."


If you don't need a book like this, I envy you. I never seem to have the time I want to get everything done. This book is a great motivator. In a nutshell, he urges the reader to get the biggest, most difficult task for the day done first, and do nothing else until it's done. The title is from the Mark Twain quote "If you eat a frog first thing in the morning, the rest of your day will be wonderful."

It's a quick read, and it doesn't astound with anything new, it just inspires with a lot of positive attitude. I'll be picking it up again in the future to give myself a nudge.

The Hocuspocusville quilt isn't done yet, but soon. Soon.

Lit and Laundry

What have you finished up this week? I'd love to see what you've been working on. Feel free to grab a button from my sidebar and please visit the other participants and cheer them on. Have a great weekend!

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

Such great advice...Twain was such a wise man. Although I DO tend to do the hardest thing first...get out of bed! ;)

Have a great weekend!

Laura said...

I'm going to put that quote on my board in the classroom today.
This is perfect middle school humor.

Knitty said...

That is a terrific quote!

Alisa said...

What a great book! Love the quote.

What A Card said...

I was going to start reading that book, but I just kept putting it off.

Bah dum dum!

(Just kidding!)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs