Monday, October 5, 2009

Makes My Monday: Good Samaritan

It's hard to watch your kids learn the hard lessons in life. Lessons like "if you leave your purse in a public place, someone is likely to pick it up." Poor Drama Girl. According to her "everything" was in that purse. Other than her cell phone, I'm not sure what "everything" is, but they were treasures to her, and her sadness made me sad.

"The world is a good place, full of good people, but some people just cannot resist temptation. A purse is very tempting, and when you left it there, someone was bound to pick it up."

My explanation didn't make anyone any happier, but I didn't know what else to say to help her learn from her mistake.

But how glad I was to be proven wrong. Someone found her purse and cell phone and called the auto-dial number labelled "dad." As I write this, we are working to reunite the purse and its treasures with Drama Girl.

"See mom, the world is a good place!"

I'm glad that's true. She still needs to be careful where she leaves her purse.

This happy ending makes my Monday. To see more good news to start your week, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

And when she finds a purse...she will remember this feeling.
Such a great lesson on so many levels.

LauraC said...

That is fantastic!
I had my car broken into when I lived in Berkeley and they stole my copy of Great Expectations and my backpack from the trunk. I remember being so angry because why would someone steal a paperback literary classic?! Someone on their morning run found my book and backpack in some bushes the next morning and called me to return it.

lily boot said...

that is super cool - I'm so relieved for Drama Girl - and I totally know how sad you felt for her. I hate having to come up with an explanation for the cruddy behaviour of others that won't make our girlies feel like hiding under the sofa. And I ADORE when I experience the goodness and generosity of others. Oh it makes my day too. :-) Now hold onto to that purse!

monica said...

Super cool that someone found the purse and cell phone. What a great lesson for her to learn, she will remember this for years to come!

Meet the Smiths said...

I'm glad someone found her purse. I lost mine when I was in junior high and I felt like a part of me was lost forever. I never did find it, but it taught me a lesson.

I'm glad your daughter learned a lesson about good Samaritans.

Cheryl Lage said...

Bless Drama Girl, Bless the Samaritan and bless you, ThreeUnder. Watching those moments of disappointment and not knowing the happy ending was coming....ugh. My stomach fell reading the front end of your post.

BUT, knowing all will end up well, and that there ARE good Samaritans in the world Makes My Monday for sure...thanks for playing along!

Cathi said...

Great knowing her purse was returned -- thank goodness there was a happy ending to learning two lessons -- one, to watch where she leaves her purse and second, that there are good people out there.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs