Monday, October 12, 2009

Makes My Monday: The Car Wash

Just down the hill from me is a little oasis of delight known as the car wash. Not only will they do a nice hand wash and spritz your car with one of 25 different scents, but the cashier is housed in one of the best gift shops on the planet.

I love gift shops in general. I'm a born browser. I love small quantities of many small things all massed together to peruse. Need a new cookbook? This car wash has everything from tiny pocket versions to coffee table tomes on the cuisine of Peru. Scented candles? check. Silk scarves? check. Little car deodorizers shaped like trees? of course check.

My favorite section has to be the cards. Quirkier than Hallmark and the local drugstores, funny, sentimental - all the best cards are at the car wash.

Today I'm taking my car in and I'm looking forward to the free hazelnut coffee I'll sip while I look at the artisan jewelry and jazz cd selections. Maybe I'll get some Christmas shopping done.

Please don't point out to me that it's going to rain tonight. I'm really looking forward to this little trip today.

For more happy Monday thoughts, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

monica said...

Yes I am with you, love those small type gift shops. Love looking through all of the little gadgets that they have. That would make my Monday also!!

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, the car wash sounds like some destination! :) If we had something similar I'd most definitely keep my vehicle cleaner...as it stands, knowing you can tidy your car and enjoy the shop perusing Makes My Monday!

Thanks for playing along, ThreeUnder!

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

I'm with Cheryl. If I could find a car wash like the one you describe, my car would be very clean!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs