Monday, November 30, 2009

Makes My Monday: Cheering up the Street

Every year my husband and our neighbor participate in a friendly rivalry to see who can get the outdoor Christmas lights up first. I think we've won about half the time. This year my husband headed out on Saturday armed with all the boxes of lights and the looooooong pole he uses to attach them. Jungle Boy wasn't about to miss the fun.

"Can I help dad?"
"I'd rather do it myself. I have this system of doing it in an up and down pattern."
"Let me get this straight dad, the pattern is up, then down? I think I can actually handle that."
(laughing) "Okay, I guess you can."

So Jungle Boy was the one to decorate the oak tree in the not-so-difficult-after-all up and down pattern.

And we switched them on before our neighbor. Yeah! Cheerful outdoor lights Make My Monday. To see more happy posts to start the week, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

YES YES YES!!!!! NOTHING like lots of lights to make not only a Monday, but every night of a season!

We have a house we can see from our back window that we lovingly call "The Light Up House"---you cannot HELP but smile when you see holiday lights.

Your family's contribution to that spirit Makes My Monday. Thanks for playing along!

Knitty said...

I like that Jungle Boy is a quick learner. LOL!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs