Monday, November 16, 2009

Ort Update

I know you've all been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting to see my progress on the Totally Useless Stitch Along. Here it is: my jar of orts.

It hardly tells the story of all the stitching I've been doing. Maybe because I'm so miserly with thread. I tell you though, ever since I started participating in this, I save every. little. bit.

Now I will venture with shame to see the really fabulous ort jars of my TUSAL* sisters. I can only hope to approach their skills in ort hoarding as time goes by. To see the wonderful blog of the originator of this fine internet group, visit Yoyo at Dragon My Needle. (Is that a great name for a blog or what? I love it.)


*Totally Useless Stitch Along - did you forget already?

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Branlaadee said...

I find myself rescuing every piece of thread that comes off my needle now. Even those little clippings that you cut off to make it easier to thread the needle.

Lindsay-ann said...

Your Pumpkin Hill Quilt is exquisite. You are so talented. It was great to catch up with your blog today.
Lindsay
x

Cheryl said...

Think I need to investigate some more!!!

Yoyo said...

Pumpkin Hill is gorgeoous!!!! and this post is toooooooo funnny. Cool stuff in your jar this month.

Yoyo said...

Sorry, hubby interrupted me...I meant to say if you can stitch and do all these beautiful projects there is no reason to be afraid of 40ct fabric. When I use my magnifier it looks exactly like 28 ct, that's what magnifiers do silly girl.

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

I once knew a man called Ort.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs