Tuesday, January 26, 2010

An Abundance of Blessings

My kids work hard. Each of them, in their own way, following their own desires and abilities. I'm learning this week just how much that hard work can be rewarded.

Wasabi Girl has been nominated to participate in the People to People Ambassador Program that will travel this summer to England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales for 19 days. It will be the trip of a lifetime. She's assembling letters of recommendation this week and will have an interview on Sunday. We don't know who nominated her for this program, but it could have been any of her teachers, music teacher, gymnastics coach, softball coach, or someone else she has left a positive impression on. She is such a diligent, cheerful, conscientious student that she deserves this kind of reward.

Jungle Boy has now completed two years of ballet training. What began as "why not?" has turned into a passion that he works hard at every single day. Today he participated in a master class/audition for a summer ballet camp in Vermont - and was accepted on the spot. I could burst with pride. He deserves this for all the hard work and dedication he has put into his art.

Now as a family we are looking at the financial challenge these blessings bring. I am determined to make them happen, and the twins know they need to get creative and do a little fundraising themselves. Wish us luck.

12 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Dena said...

That is SO awesome! Congrats to you & them!
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out with fundraising! I'm a sucker when it comes to them (both buying & participating)!

Laura said...

I know you will meet the financial challenges head on, and you will be providing the wonder-children with amazing opportunities.
Excellent.

Treasia Stepp said...

What wonderful news. Congrats to the both of them.

Lindsay-ann said...

I hope your daugher's interview goes well. She will have a fantastic time over here I am sure. Summer is the best time to visit the UK. I wish her lots of luck on Sunday.
Lindsay
x

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Isn't it great to watch one's children work at and enjoy their passions? We are indeed blessed that our children have the opportunities available to them. Hope it all works out for them.

Bea said...

Spectacular! You should be proud!

WIDNEY WOMAN said...

Your kids truly are amazing. I have no doubt they will come up with some creative way to earn the money to make their dreams happen.

Jeff Schinkel said...

That's fantastic! Way to go!

Gravyboy said...

Oh ThreeUnder, I am so vicariously proud of them for you! :)
(and of you for being an incredible parent...)


Funds will be found...so happy for you all!

Shay said...

Hi Threeunder,

I finally made it over to visit...

(Now if I can just work out how to make the linky work for Finished for Friday -I'm a linky virgin)

Wow! I guess you must be amazingly proud of all your kids. You'll manage to give them what they need to get where they're going. They sound like awesome kidlets. Congratulations to them these exciting opportunities and talents.

Rebecca said...

That is so awesome! I was invited to participate in the People to People Ambassador Program but we just didn't have the money for me to go. That's so exciting for your whole family!

Congratulations to your children and you!

Rosemary said...

I'm so happy for you and your children. They are truly amazing kids. Congratulations to them both.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs