Thursday, April 22, 2010

Finished for Friday: Bedroom Redo

I have had the same old bedroom for a long time. I wish I had thought to take "before" pictures, but I didn't think of it at the time.

With the entrance of our glorious new mattress I felt it was time to change the tired drab bedding. I had always felt that bedding shouldn't be girly once you're married. But I hate pretty much every color combination of bedding that's out there. Too much taupe, and wine, and dark dark dark.

But I had never actually asked my husband what he thought. When I saw this comforter set on sale at Home Goods I called him and asked for the truth - hot pink? Any possibility?

I should have known better. Dear husband loves me and wants me to have things I love so he gave his enthusiastic approval. Witness the result.

I cleaned off the top of my bookshelf and got some new art and accessories too, all for a song. Those cherry blossoms light up, which my kids think is silly. Probably, but I love them. See my Kindle waiting there for me? This is my happy place. And when mommy is happy, everybody is happy.

So what have you been up to this week? Get anything checked off your to-do list? Join in with a recent post and let us come congratulate you.

If you're not visiting the other participants, you're really missing some great projects. Lots of inspiration out there for you to tackle something yourself.

Thank you to everyone who has grabbed my button for their blog! You can find the code over on the sidebar on the right. Thanks for joining in!



16 people stopped folding laundry to write:

-em said...

But they say taupe is very soothing :)

The Mother said...

I finished the last coursework for my last semester as a homeschooler! YEAH!

Oh, wait. Stretch finished the coursework. Silly me.

Patty said...

You went for pink? I think someone has been playing too much Pet Society. I really like it -- I think it's pretty. And now I want cherry blossom lights in my bedroom. I think the only thing I finished this week was a couple of blog posts and some cole slaw. But there's always next week!

Coloradolady said...

Love the colors, my hubby might not have been so agreeing....I am going to try and link in with a finished for friday post.....hopefully!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

LOVE that bedding!

Barbara Jean said...

Sweet rom. Great job!

Thanks for hosting

barbara jean

Unknown said...

The new comforter set is very contemporary; nice! I love the vase with the berry twigs, coordinates great!

Susan at Charm of the Carolines said...

Ooops! I apologize. Trying to enter the tiny url to the exact post instead of my blog address, I entered the blog party. However I went back to correct it and didn't know how so I re-entered with the correct url. I'm on your list twice.

Great website!

Susan

Al said...

I just did a bed make over as well - I love yours

Rae Ann said...

Love your redo and the quilt on the wall is gorgeous! Well done!

Rosemary said...

I love the new bed set. Your redwork quilt looks great above the bed too.

I followed your advice and bought myself an e-book reader (a Sony E-Reader) and I love it. Thanks for telling us all about yours.

Jackie said...

I LOVE your new bed!!!! I'm not sure my hubby would go for it - lucky you!! this is my 1st time at your blog - what a great idea for Friday!!!!!

Natasha in Oz said...

Looks fabulous! You must be so happy.
The colours are really fresh and just right for Spring/Summer.


Best wishes,
Natasha.

theotherlion said...

Oh, that bedspread makes me happy. And I am a sucker for sparkly/light-up stuff, so I am all over those cherry blossoms as well.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I just wanted to come by and thank you for not only hosting this wonderful party, but also for taking the time to visit my blogs. Sweet comments like yours make my day. Thank you!

Laura said...

Looks great! I just love the bedspread.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs