Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finished for Friday: Cathedral Windows

I've been wanting to try this technique for a long time. Here is my mini-quilt made in the "Cathedral Windows" pattern.

It turned out to be fun, but somewhat time consuming to prep the blocks. (Do you see the 9 blocks?) As I worked on it though, I was daydreaming about doing a huge multicolored king-sized quilt like this. I'm insane that way.

I just have a few more blocks to go in my "Rabbits Prefer Chocolate" quilt. Here again, as I was stitching I was thinking how fun it would be to have a big king-size applique quilt. I wonder if there's medication for this kind of delusion? I am the slowest appliquer on the planet.

What have you been up to this week? Sign in, leave a comment, and be sure to visit the other participants. Reading about people's projects is like reading through my favorite DIY magazine, only better because they're real people really getting things done.



8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl said...

Love your Cathedral Windows...someday!!! And a king sized applique----you go girl!! Love those bunnies!! I'm sure there is some medication to help with this condition :-)!

Elizabeth said...

Ohh! Love your cathedral windows! I'm working on one too. It it in my HUGE stash of PIP's. Love those bunnies too.

The Mother said...

The cathedral windows are pretty. Reminds me of a hanukkah windows quilt I made once (back when I had the patience to quilt at all).

I haven't finished anything, except my patience with my college-soon-to-be-living-under-an-overpass son.

Laura said...

Love, love love your cathedral windows! I definitely vote for a full sized quilt like that!

Lindsay-ann said...

I enjoyed seeing your gorgeous quilting. The rabbit applique looks great.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

Rosemary said...

The first quilt I ever made was a Cathedral Window single bed sized quilt. I made it at uni. while studying to be a primary school teacher (yes I know quilt making wouldn't help me teach children, but it appears the university didn't. After that I was hooked on quilting!

My daughter in law has now chosen a Cathedral Window quilt for her birthday present, with little birds appliquéd in the windows, so I'll be revisiting this technique very soon.

Heather said...

Both projects turned out very nicely. I tried the Cathedral blocks, but only made 4 so mine is even smaller.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Thank you for hosting and for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving a sweet comment. Hope you had a great weekend!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs