Monday, May 3, 2010

Makes My Monday: Roses

My roses are late to bloom this year, but they've made up for it with a glorious display. These are the Cecil Brunner roses that the deer didn't eat.

I love seeing this wall of pink beauties on one side of the house.

The canes are arching up into the sky. When the show is over I'll have to hack them back or they'll really get out of control.

Enjoying the sight and fragrance of my favorite flowers makes my Monday. How is your garden doing?

Makes My Monday is hosted by Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Merri Ann said...

I subscribe and follow ... and I enjoy every minute of it :))

I love these roses and had several in my yard when I lived in Petaluma. Have you visited the Garden Valley Nursery in Petaluma. I highly recommend it.

My favorite rose is the Just Joey in a tree rose ... it's wonderful and almost without effort grows in a ball shape. When it is in full bloom it looks like someone made a perfect rose bouquet.

Thanks for the beautiful pictures ...

Dena said...

Those are such a pretty shade of pink!
My garden isn't doing so well here. It just won't warm up enough for anything to really get going. Plus with Daddy being out of town for work, a whole lot of nothing is getting done on the rest of the yard. :(

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Beautiful roses! They remind me of the ones my great aunt planted in our summer home in Spain.

This was a weird winter in Florida, so my vegetable/herb garden isn't doing as well as other years. However, I still have a bunch of super yummy tomatoes waiting to be picked by the kids when they wake up from their nap. Guess I can't complain!

Pumpkin Spice said...

Beautiful roses! One of my favorites! I'm following!

Cheryl Lage said...

Three Under, what a GORGEOUS bunch of blooms! Who knew something named "Cecil" could be so beautiful and feminine. :)

They--and you--Make My Monday!

Elizabeth said...

Those roses are gorgeous! No roses here yet. The tulips are in bloom still, though. We've had a lot of rain and that has really prolonged them. I love gardening and seeing other people's makes me so happy. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs