Thursday, April 8, 2010

Finished for Friday: Sewing Machine Cover



Here's something I've been meaning to do for a long time. How many times a week do I look at this ugly cover?


Well, no more! I needed pink cuteness. And a squirrel. And I needed to use some of the cute spool fabric I have. Here's what I came up with. I used wool felt to applique the front.


I used some extra fabric to cover my magnetic pincushion, and I even had some extra felt to make a quick coaster for my tea.


Makes me happy.

What have you been up to this week? Please leave a comment and visit the other participants. Thanks so much for joining in!

7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Love your new sewing machine cover! REally cute!

Quilts and Cats said...

I know just mean! Your new cover is eye candy!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

I love it! Did you use a pattern? I really need something for mine!h

Laura said...

So bright and festive! and that spool fabric is great! As is the squirrel. I don't think you can ever go wrong with squirrels...

Stacey @ Fun to Craft said...

I love how yours turned out. You did a great job on it. Thanks for hosting a party.

katydidnot said...

that's amazing.

The Mother said...

I thought dust was a lubricant?

I wouldn't know what to do with my sewing machine if it didn't have lint from sewing projects past built up on every surface.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs