Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wordful Wednesday: Water Castle


I told my kids last Saturday to quit lollygagging around on their ipod touches and do something creative.  This is what they came up with.  If someone had asked them to make a model castle for a class, they never would have done it, but left to their own devices, they made a working drawbridge and a welcome sign.

"I can't read the sign kids."

"It's in Icelandic mom."

"Icelandic?  Seriously?"

"Yeah, I used a translation app on my Ipod touch."

Whatever.

Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.



8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

concretenprimroses said...

That's really neat. I love that they chose Icelandic!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha. That is a great story. Technology is something, isn't it?

Happy WW!

Alisa said...

Awesome!

Dumb Mom said...

Nice. When I tell The Dudes to "do something creative" they usually wind up wet or stuck behind the sofa. Maybe when they're older:)

Katie's Dailies said...

I made an awesome castle (if I do say so myself!) with our son when he was 3. We made it out of an old cardboard box, complete with a working drawbridge and turrets! We also made a Batmobile. I love cardboard boxes!

Shay said...

Creativity Plus! Well done kids!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Fantastic!!! I love that they used technology to aid their creativity.

Claremont First Ward said...

I want my kids to grow up to be just like yours. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs