Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Oh Happy Day

It's the first day of school!  See how thrilled my little darlings are?  Drama Girl started high school last week and declined to join in today's picture.

What will I do?  In about five minutes I'm going out to get myself a latte.  Then I'm going to sit and drink it quietly in a quiet house.  Then I'm going to tidy up the place and admire it while it stays clean for a few sweet hours.  I'm going to turn on the radio to the station I like, and maybe, just maybe, eat that last bit of ice cream after lunch.  Because I can.


Wordful Wednesday is hosted by Angie at Seven Clown Circus.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

slow panic said...

I love love love love love love school.

I love it.

Elizabeth said...

That photo is priceless! Cute kids :D.

My kids are still little enough that they were excited for their first day (yesterday). Wohoo! It even spilled over to today a little bit. I hope it will last the week.

xo -E

Alisa said...

That must have been the shout of joy I heard coming from your direction.
Enjoy that ice cream!

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Oh my gosh this is so funny. Remind them of how excited they probably were when they started kindergarten.

Colleen
www.shibleysmiles.com
Come by and link up your WW Post!

Michelle said...

That photo is freaking hilarious. Enjoy your peace and quiet!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs