Thursday, September 9, 2010

Finished for Friday: Not round, but still good

I finished this cross stitch piece quite a while ago and have been looking for the perfect round frame ever since.  This is the same pattern as my Spode Christmas plates, so my brain was stuck on a round frame, or even a good oval one.  Do they not make them any more?  I've had no luck.

But I did find this pretty red frame.  Even though the mat cuts off a stitch on each side and the bottom, I'm going to use it because it's cheerful and Christmassy.

So glad to finally check this off my to-do list, even if I had to compromise with my vision.

What have you finished up this week?  Link up and show us.  Be sure to leave a comment and visit some of the other participants.  Thanks so much!

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Patty said...

I think that frame is perfect! And I love that Spode pattern. I had no idea you could get it in a cross stitch design. Great job!

Threeundertwo said...

This pattern leaflet came out a long time ago. I found it on Ebay. If someone is really interested, email me (link to my email is in my sidebar) and I'll see if I can find it to send to you.

Coloradolady said...

Wow..this is beautiful...I am ashamed to say, I had a oval frame and tossed it about a month ago...shame on me.! Great job....I'll be back next week with a few projects!

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Wow... that cross stitch piece is beautiful!!!

Melissa said...

What a serious bummer when you can't find what you want. It is a lovely piece though.

B said...

Thanks for hosting. I'll be following you. :O)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs