Thursday, October 21, 2010

Finished for Friday: Rag Quilt



Just finished another cozy flannel quilt. The seams are all clipped and ready to be washed and fluffed in a dryer. Not my dryer though. I just had the vent cleaners out here and they pulled out a big bucket full of lint. Nice. I need to stop washing my flannel quilts at home.

I made this quilt to go with the colors of our red couch, but everyone in the family is teasing me that it's Christmassy.  That wasn't really my intention.

The model in the picture is Jungle Boy, who always has his nose in a Kindle book these days.  Today he's reading "Three Cups of Tea" for school.  I think that's a pretty cool book to be teaching in seventh grade.

Link up and show us what you've been up to this week.  I love to visit!  You are all so creative.  If this is your first time participating, please read the guidelines in the tab above. 



7 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Barbara Jean said...

Thanks for hosting. always so much fun and great ideas here!

blessings

barbara jean

Miri said...

Terrific quilt...LOL! I thought you were really good and had gotten your Christmas quilt finished early!

Lovely picture of your son reading under the quilt-cracks me up that he's reading a book on Kindle-that is the future!

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Too funny that he is reading from a kindle...sign of the times. =)

Jill ~ Jillify It said...

Thanks for hosting!!

Samantha said...

Very nice quilt! I have visited before but have only just become a new follower, thanks so much for hosting!

Lisa said...

I love the quilt!! And your couch! I do have to agree with your family, though- I thought it was going to be a Christmas quilt from the thumbnail.

I always wash and dry my rag quilts at the laundromat about 3 or 4 times before trying to do them at home. I bet they love me. They're probably going to ban me someday. LOL!

Birgit Kerr said...

Thanks for hosting!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs