Thursday, November 4, 2010

Finished for Friday: Acorns

I've been working on some bigger projects, but wanted to share something finished this week so here's another tea towel I embroidered.  I used the colors indicated in the pattern but I'm not convinced they're my first choice.  I think I'm going to use this motif to make some gifts, but change the colors a little.

I tried a new tool - a marking pen that evaporates and disappears in 48 hours.  Of course that meant I got around to actually stitching these at about hour 47.  I ended up going back over some of the lines with the pen to make them darker.  I can just see myself doing this - retracing over and over because I get more ambitious about projects than I have time to do them.

What have you been up to this week?  Link up and let us see!  Thanks for joining in!




2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anne said...

Thanks for hosting yet another great party!!!

Roslyn said...

I just used a disappearing pen to marking a couple of wholecloth quilts so I hope that I can get them quilted tomorrow with baby Matthew here!
Last weekend I made a little acorn mat, it's on my kitchen counter.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs