Monday, November 8, 2010

Makes My Monday: Undergardener

Sometimes my kids really surprise me.

It's finally cool enough to put bulbs in the ground without fear that they'll come up before December. I haven't been able to plant new bulbs for a few years because of my mobility problems. What a joy it was to go to the nursery and look at all the colors and read their names. I ogled the pictures of giant bearded irises and my favorite, grape hyacinths.

But I had to hold back on my shopping because I know how limited I still am with stooping or kneeling for long periods. So I only got about 40.

Jungle Boy happened to see the packages laid out by the front yard, and what did he do? He volunteered to plant all of them. I couldn't be happier. I let him lay them out the way he wanted them (not necessarily the way I would have done it) and showed him how to read each package to see how deep to set them. He loved using my bulb-planting tool.

I can't thank him enough. I'll be thanking him all over again next Spring when the show starts.

Having help I didn't expect makes my Monday. To see more Monday-makers, visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Alisa said...

That is priceless. What a great son you have. You're raising up an incredible man there.

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

What a sweet son!

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh. My Goodness. What an incredible young man! I'm happy if my two remember to take their plates to the kitchen---to VOLUNTARILY undertake the undergardening? WOW-ed.

Such an impressive son reflects so well on his wonderful Mama...BOTH Make My Monday. Thank you so much for playing along!

The Mother said...

And mine had to be bribed to help with the yard work. Trade you?

Teresa aka MarieSews said...

Don't you just love it when they surprise you like that? Makes all the struggles and hard work raising them worth it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs