Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finished for Friday: Harry and Pillowcases

The kids and I are pretty excited to see the next Harry Potter movie.  We have our tickets for tomorrow.  To refresh my memory, I read the seventh book over again this week.  I re-read books quite often.  Can't wait for these to come out on the Kindle because our copies are pretty worn out.


I also started making pillowcases.  The local quilt shop is collecting handmade pillowcases for victims of the fire in San Bruno, which isn't far from where we live.  This is turning out to be a good way to use up my fabric stash.  Once I got in there and started digging around, I found all kinds of stuff I had forgotten about.  I'm enjoying using it for a good cause. 

I know many of you enjoy getting your links up on Thursday evenings, but next Thursday is Thanksgiving and I may be a little delayed getting that post up.  Apologies in advance!

Now show us what you've been up to!  I love seeing all of your creative projects.  Be sure to visit some of the other participants as well.  Have a great weekend.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anne said...

Thanks for hosting another great party!!!

Sorry for the two identical entries...computer glitch on my end.

The Mother said...

Now I know what to do with all those cutsie kid prints in my stash that my boys have grown out of.

Do you think they'd take a pillowcase covered in antique handguns? Or perhaps dreidels?

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

Hi there, happy Friday! I am your newest follower. Thanks for the opportunity to let me post on your linky party! YAY! I will have fun browsing your blog.

I would love for you to follow me as well! Thanks!
http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

Debra@Dejarenew.blogspot.com said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you in turn for letting me link up on your page. I'm gonna grab your button over yonder and display it on my page :)

http://dejarenew.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Those pillowcases are so fun! I love them and what a worthy cause!

Also, I love, love, love HP! Don't have my tickets yet, but hope to see it soon. Have a terrific time!

xo -El

Roslyn said...

How right you are, pillowcases are a great way to use up smaller pieces of fabric. I do the same for the Quilts Of Valor for wounded warriors and sometimes with other gift quilts for family.

Tulsa County Courthouse said...

excellent collection,so creative especially the socks..thnx for share

glass flooring said...

woww, very nice and colorful collection of pillow cases. I also love to have floral print bed sheets and pillow covers, while blue and white is my favorite color for them. keep sharing such nice and interesting stuff.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs