Thursday, February 17, 2011

Finished for Friday: Jane and Katniss

Sorry for the sparse posts this week, I've really had a bad time with this bug that's going around.  The only good thing about being sick?  I got some reading done.

Jane Eyre is one of my favorite books and I read it every few years.  Even though I know how it's going to end, I always get caught up in the story.  This book is like an old friend - so satisfying to sit down and spend some time with.










Catching Fire is the second book of the Hunger Games trilogy. Drama Girl has pestered me for a long time to finish these books and I'm glad she did. Of the three in the trilogy, I think this one is my favorite. The strong female hero, Katniss Everdeen, is an amazing character. We can't wait to see who plays her in the upcoming Hunger Games movie.











I also finished the third book in the Hunger Games series, Mockingjay.  I absolutely couldn't put it down.  Although these are "young adult" novels, I think any fan of adventurous smart brave females would enjoy these books.  Lots of clever plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat to the very end.  You really must read these books in order though, I don't think these sequels would hold up as well on their own.







So I traveled back in time with Jane and somewhere into the distant future with Katniss.   Quite a difference in their stories! 

What have you been up to this week?  Link up and show us!  All kinds of finished projects and books count.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Q @ JAQS said...

Stopping by to say HI :).

Lauren said...

saying hello! I am in the middle of mockingjay and I am so excited that there will be a movie!!!

Elizabeth said...

I've heard so much about The Hunger Games. Maybe it is time to finally give in and read them. Thanks for the great linky party.

xo -El

Cheri said...

Hi - so glad I found your blog. New follower, and I added your party button to my Link Party page.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs