Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Deductive Reasoning

A lunch has been left on the counter.  Feeling like a nice mom today, I decide to drive it over to the school and drop it off.  But who made this lunch?  Let's examine the lunch and the facts:

The Lunch:

  • packed in a brown paper bag
  • fruit cup and plastic spoon
  • creamy peanut butter sandwich with jelly, cut in half
  • chewy bar
  • forgot to pack the fresh homemade cookies!
The Facts:
  • Kids A & B prefer crunchy peanut butter
  • Kids A & B like fruit cups, C not so much
  • Kid B never cuts his sandwich in half
  • Kid C usually doesn't make a sandwich
  • Kid C doesn't like jelly on peanut butter
  • Kid A sometimes uses her own insulated lunch bag
  • Kids B and C always use brown paper bags for lunches
  • Kid C thinks of her sweet tooth before anything else
  • Kid B gets distracted while doing things
  • Kid C is always running late in the morning and tries to do 3 things at once
  • Kid A had her hands full in the morning with bookbag, alto saxophone *and* tenor saxophone
So who did I deliver the lunch to?  And who did it really belong to?  Answer to come tomorrow.

9 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Unknown said...

Kid C? Great post and I've always stunk at these kinds of problems. lol

Alisa said...

I say Kid A.

The Mother said...

I'm sending this to my kid who's studying for his SAT--maybe it'll sink in.

Very cleverl

Burbank Babe said...

Kid D? (I have no kids and even I have a kid D).

Patty said...

Your husband? (I'm really bad at these.)

Laura said...

When in doubt, I always pick C.

Denise said...

I vote it was kid B!

Rosemary said...

I think Kid A

owlfan said...

I think kid A. And I think you are very kind to take the lunch to school. Hope it was appreciated.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs