Thursday, June 23, 2011

Finished for Friday: The Massive Magazine Purge

I've been quilting for quite a while now.  Over the years, I have subscribed to several quilt magazines.  Sometimes several at a time.  They're one of my favorite things to find in the mail.  I set aside time to flip through them and enjoy all the eye candy and fantasize about making all of those beautiful quilts.

You know what happens if you save magazines you love?  Eventually they take over.  I've always kept them neatly sorted in magazine holders, but even with that organization, I could never find or even remember what was in them.

So this week I spent days and days going through every single page, saving just the quilts that inspire me and recycling the rest of the magazines.  I put the saved patterns in page protectors and put those in binders.  I went from two overflowing shelves full of magazines to a couple of binders.  Yippee!!

Now to tackle those National Geographics.  I want to just pitch them completely but I'm getting some resistance from the kids.  That shelf full of yellow is bugging me.

What have you been up to this week?  Chime in with something you've finished.  Feel free to borrow the button from my sidebar.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

The Single Nester said...

A magazine purge is so key. I did one last year of all my old Real Simples. I kept recipes and certain articles that I liked. The rest went to byebye.

Eva said...

I am still resisting the magazine purge....prehaps someday I will muster up the courage to do so.

Branlaadee said...

I've been working on my Cooking Light purge! I now have a binder of recipes instead of 10 stacks of mags. I love it.

Melissa said...

Purging is good for the soul!! Congratulations on doing it...

Pokey said...

Good for you, that is quite an undertaking! I know it feels good, for now, I still have that w-h-o-l-e shelf full of them...you are my hero!
:-}pokey

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs