Monday, August 29, 2011

Take my place and save a life



Thousands of patients with leukemia and other life-threatening diseases depend on the Be The Match Registry® to find a match to save their life.

Patients need donors who are a genetic match. Even with a registry of millions, many patients cannot find a match.

I've been on the national Bone Marrow Registry for over 20 years.  Quite a few years ago I was found to be a potential match, and had my blood drawn for further analysis.  I didn't match the patient in need, and I was disappointed that I couldn't help.

Now that I've had a hip replaced, I can no longer be a donor.  So I'm asking you to consider stepping up and joining the list for me.

Joining is easy, and involves sending in a swab of your cheek cells.  See the donor FAQs here.

I'm very honored that some of my facebook friends have offered to join the registry for me.  Thank you for taking the time to consider it.

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs