Monday, October 3, 2011

Makes My Monday: The Taste of Autumn


Hooray for Fall!  Time to break out the pumpkin.  I love pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies., pumpkin everything.  A friend posted a recipe for pumpkin butterscotch muffins on Pinterest and I had to try them.  But of course, this week I don't have butterscotch chips in the house, so I substituted chocolate chips.  As Drama Girl tells me "chocolate chips work in everything."

Delicious results.  I'll put the recipe below.  But first, are you on pinterest.com?  If you would like an invitation to try it out, leave me an email with your email address.  There is a link to my email in my sidebar.  I'd be happy to let you in on the fun.  You can find my boards at http://pinterest.com/threeundertwo/

This recipe is from allrecipes.com, and you can print it easily from there.  I made mine regular size instead of mini and baked for 18 minutes.


Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1 (6 ounce) package butterscotch chips

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
  2. Sift together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, butter, and pumpkin in a separate bowl. Mix the flour mixture with the egg mixture. Stir in the butterscotch chips; pour into each cup of the muffin pan to about 3/4 full.
  3. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 10 to 12 minutes.

Visit Cheryl at Twinfatuation for more "Makes My Monday" posts and start your week with a smile.

5 people stopped folding laundry to write:

debi10kids said...

Oh yum! I am a pumpkin addict and this sounds delicious!
(I am also on Pinterest and am now following you. Will NEED to add this recipe to my Pumpkin board on there... yes, my "illness" runs deep ;) LOL)

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I'm obsessed with pumpkin right now! Good think I have it stockpiled :) (I'm also in love with Pinterest, my food boards are getting ridiculous!)

Cheryl Lage said...

Pumpkin and butterscotch...perfect autumn flavors and colors!

These look delicious. :)

Hmmm....pinterest has piqued my interest....maybe...;)

Thank you for always Making My Monday, ThreeUnder!

owlfan said...

These look yummy. How many regular muffins did it make? Just the 10 I see or were there more? Only problem I see is how to store the extra canned pumpkin....maybe I could double the recipe...

Liz Jimenez said...

I love love love pumpkin. We make a pumpkin cranberry quickbread around Thanksgiving, and it's a major highlight of the season. And I'll stock up on cans of pumpkin and make pumpkin waffles year-round. My kids love them (delish with maple syrup, but I prefer mine with cream cheese), and they freeze well for weekday morning toasting. The recipe is on Epicurious, and I substitute some wheat flour and use the whole can of pumpkin.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs