Saturday, January 14, 2012

Crossing Fingers and Toes

This weekend Jungle Boy starts his series of auditions for ballet company summer intensive programs.  Joffrey Ballet today, American Ballet Theatre tomorrow.

Last year he claimed he wasn't nervous, and I got nervous.  This year, now that he knows better what the stakes are, he's really nervous.  I'm just trying to keep breathing.  It's amazing how we can take on our kids' fears.

Resume is done, head shots are done.  Ballet shot is done.  In the ballet world, audition hopefuls have to submit a first position arabesque pose in addition to a headshot.  Here's his for this year. 


I was going to post his pose from last year but I think I'll spare him.  Trust me, this is an improvement in form.  He even has a sore hamstring right now so he's happy he got a good extension.

Wish him luck!  More auditions coming every weekend in January.  We'll look at all the offers he might get.  We'll know by early February where he'll be spending his summer.  Exciting times!

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Alisa said...

Good luck Jungle Boy! I hear a few shots help with nerves. For Mom, not Jungle Boy, of course.
He looks so grown up!

Relaxnsmile said...

Good luck! He looks like he has worked very hard. I'm thinking about starting my 2 y/o son in ballet soon - thanks for the inspiration!

Melissa said...

Wow! Good luck to him. I know nothing about ballet but he looks good to me.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs