Friday, January 13, 2012

The Epic Begins

I am going to stop my Finished for Friday posts for now.  I finished up so many of my unfinished projects that I don't have new things to show with great regularity.  So what does a crafter do when they start to get caught up?  They take on new, bigger projects.  In this case, it's enormous.  Epic even.  Behold my new beginning:


This is a massive cross stitch project.  I spent 3 days just putting in the grid.  Each of those boxes is 100 stitches.  There are 638 boxes total.

I've completed 10.  Go me!  That's 1.5% of the way there. 

I hope all of your projects are proceeding nicely.  Have a great weekend.  And if you're going to do a project - do it BIG!

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

I'll miss your Finished for Friday posts, but I"m excited to see your new epic project!!

Melissa said...

Wow - I am doing something big (hopefully for next Christmas) but nowhere that big!!

Denise P said...

wow, I've never seen those boxes before. However, I've had to toss at least one project after hundreds of hours of stitching because something didn't line up and I didn't have the heart to unpick. I could see how useful they'd be. (Even if they did take 3 days to put in!)

Patty said...

OMG, it's going to be huge! You should make this part of your 2012 WIPocalypse list and show us your progress every month. (The full moon was 1/9, by the way.) I've never done a grid before but I've really only one large project before.

Patty said...

That should be: I've really only DONE one large project.

Melissa said...

In answer to your question about my Goodreads Widget...yep - I've read those all so far this year.

Tami said...

Between the carpal tunnel and the aging vision, I've pretty much given up on cross-stitch, but I'm so envious of the excitement of beginning a new project. I've done some complex projects, but this looks amazing. Any chance we can get a peek at what it will be on completion?

Good luck and happy stitching.

Heather said...

wow. Quite the ambitious project. good approach. work away at it bit by bit and before you know it, you'll have a huge swath completed. I am working at finishings this year as well. What a good feeling to put some of those projects in the hands of others because they are complete.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs