Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Moon TUSAL

This poor jar has fingerprints but my tiny thread scraps are piling up.  All part of the Totally Useless Stitch ALong hosted by Daffycat.

I've made a bit of progress on Snow White.


I almost have the second row of boxes complete.  As you can see, the third row is well underway.  29 rows in all, so this will take me a while.  Still, it's progress, and every little bit helps.

Also linking up today to Needlework Tuesday at Books and Quilts.  What are you working on?

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Yes - definitely progress - the way you work some of the areas of color down make me think of paint dripping on canvas.

What kind of stretcher bars do you use? When I did that very large embroidery for my Mom for Christmas, I started it on stretcher bars and to a certain degree I liked them - but I started having problems and finally took them off and went back to a hoop.

Threeundertwo said...

I use a "Sit-on Needlework Frame" that I love. I slide the base under my leg and it's at the perfect height to stitch. Comes with different size stretcher bars for different projects. With both hands free, I keep one above and one below my work and work twice as fast. Google that phrase and you can find them. I see at Overstock.com you can also get a hoop style.

Abbybeth said...

Snow White looks great! I'm also working on one of the Disney Kinkades. I can't seem to find very many people taking these on in blogland, so I'll be following along to see your progress!

Jenilee said...

Snow White is so pretty so far! I have this kit, also, but I am making myself wait to start it until I finish the Kinkade Beauty and the Beast kit. I am a little over halfway done though, so I am hoping by the end of the summer I will be finished with it. Also, I love the harps you have on your site - I play, and it's rare to find other players :) So hello, fellow cross-stitcher/quilter/harpist! :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs