Monday, March 26, 2012

Makes My Monday: Momcation

Next week is Spring Break for all three of my kids.  We've spent weeks discussing what everyone wants to do and where they might want to go over the break.

The consensus?  They all want to stay home and hang out with their friends.  *sigh*  That means mom wouldn't get a break from the driving/laundry/cooking/cleaning chores.

But my wonderful husband came up with his own idea.  He's staying home to play chauffeur to the kids and he's sending me to Quilt Camp!  Yay!!

Every year Empty Spools Seminars offers classes at a beautiful retreat site called Asilomar on the California coast.  I've attended before, but it's been many years.  Quilters travel from all over to attend and I've made some wonderful friendships there.

Imagine six days of beautiful scenery, good food (they bring platters of fresh cookies into the classrooms every few hours to sustain us) an in-depth quilting class, and to top it off, there is even a quilt shop installed on-site at the resort so we can buy even more quilting supplies and fabric.  It's heaven.

I'm so excited.  It works well for me because, being Greek Orthodox, our Easter falls on April 15th this year, so I wont miss any of those preparations.

I'll be taking a machine applique class, which is somewhat uncharted territory for me.  Looks like fun.

"Makes My Monday is hosted by Cheryl at Twinfatuation.  Pop over to her blog and see what's making people smile at the start of the week.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Liz Jimenez said...

SPECTACULAR! Sounds like the perfect way to spend a week, if you ask me. Have a blast!

Melissa said...

Yippeee for you!! Your husband is obviously a gem.

Cheryl Lage said...

Quilt Camp! Well-done, Mr. ThreeUnder! Have a wondrous time...your fun ahead Makes My Monday.

Thanks so much for playing along!

Tami said...

Whatever you do, don't let go of that man! Quilt camp sounds like heaven to me, too. Enjoy.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs