Monday, April 2, 2012

Design Wall Monday: Seeing Stars


I've had a million things going on this week so why not just start a new project as well?  I saw this pattern called "Celebrating Freedom" in the latest issue of McCall's Quilting and I had to start it.  Thirty-six scrappy blue stars and a pretty red and white border.  This one will be done by summer hopefully. 

I have several quilts just about ready to be basted.  Once I get them all ready to go, the quilting usually goes pretty quickly for me.  I just need to call in my team of junior assistants to crawl around on the floor with the pins and put those quilt sandwiches together.

I'm packing up my sewing machine tomorrow morning to head off to quilt camp at Asilomar.  I can't wait!  Did I mention that the on-site quilt shop lets you run a tab?  Do you know how dangerous that can be?  "Oh I just need a little bit of this green fabric ...and this book...and this thread...and this cute tote bag.

Also, there is a wonderful quilt shop just down the street from the retreat center.  I would like to think I haven't spent a lot of money there - it's really pretty far from home - but I have gift certificates from them for being one of their big shoppers.  I can resist anything, except the possibility that I wont see a piece of beautiful fabric again.

Running a tab, spending money at a great quilt shop - I'm willing to face these dangers.  I'm brave like that. 

Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy Laquidara at Patchwork Times.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

Those stars look promising!! I bet it will be a gorgeous quilt. Have fun at retreat!!

Laura said...

Have fun on the retreat! I hope you'll post about it afterwards!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs