Monday, May 14, 2012

Design Wall Monday: William Morris block 2


Here is the second of the William Morris blocks I'm working on.  Drama Girl has already claimed this quilt as one she would like to have.  I'm enjoying the machine applique, although it's very slow-going.  Stitch by stitch around each of those curves.


My "Henrietta Whiskers" quilt top is finally finished and Wasabi Girl helped me baste it this weekend.  Hestia "helped" too, although her help wasn't quite as useful.  I'm trying out bamboo batting for this one.  Somewhat thinner, but it seems to have a nice drape. 


Still making stars when I have a spare minute for my patriotic quilt.  This is the small design wall next to my sewing machine.  You can see I have some photo buttons from Wasabi Girl's softball days up there.  If you could see the rest of the design wall you'd see a lot of randomness.


Final work in progress is this doll quilt.  I spent hours and hours on Saturday cutting out tiny triangles of various sizes and then changing my mind about fabrics and cutting more triangles.  I think sometimes small-scale quilts take as much time as big ones. 

Always busy around here.  The twins are finishing up 8th grade and suddenly it seems like there are a million little things to do every day to wrap things up and get things ready for summer.  Glad I have my stitching to fall back on when I have spare moments.

Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times.  Go and visit to see some beautiful work.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Angie in SoCal said...

Beautiful block. I can see why Drama Girl wants it. What is this pattern called. It's by Michelle Hill, right? Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

You've a very busy wall, though I do admit that mine has 4 tops on it right now I'm a bit slow on the quilting part.

Vicki H. said...

Beautiful work. I love the stars! I don't blame the girls for staking their claims on those quilts, they will love them!!

Tami said...

I am amazed at how much sewing you get done and still take care of your family. My children are off to college and I'm only working part time, yet sewing rarely seems to happen. Too many distractions, I think. I should unplug the tv, Nook and computer!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs