Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Needlework Tuesday: Patriotic Stitches





Here is my finished July 4th cross stitch.  I couldn't find a perfect star button so I settled for a tiny flower.  Works for me.  And I finally found a use for a little red chair that has been sitting on a bookshelf.  I have no idea where it came from.


Today I hope to finish crocheting 18 tiny stars for this little flag pillow.  They're a bit fiddly, but they turn out cute. 

I'm still working on my big patriotic quilt.  Not sure it will get done in time for the 4th, but I'm enjoying the process.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather at Books and Quilts.

4 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

Great projects. I particularly like the little one sitting on the chair. I have been collecting "Canadiana" fabrics for years, but not enough that work together to makea project yet. unlike in the USA, we're lucky to find one or two prints a year. Recently I did see some batiks with Canadian type motifs. Will have to go shop for them after vacation.

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh my goodness!! Too cute! I feel terrible that I have nothing patriotic for my house! Well, I do have my flag outside, but no cute things like you do!!

Melissa said...

I really like the crocheted flag!

Melissa said...

P.S. The Bucket of Blood Saloon is still there - but we never got that far down the street.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs