Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stars, Stripes, and a little lite kibble.


I finished up my little flag pillow.  It fits right in on my red club chair with my patriotic quilt.  If you would like to make this quick little project, you can find the free pattern at ASE Keepin Creative.  I found this pattern via Pinterest.  I've actually got quite a few ideas and inspirations on my Patriotic board. 

Yesterday was the annual cat roundup.  Here they are, mad at me and crying nonstop as I get ready to take them to the vet.  Okay, I know you can only see the boxes, but this represents quite a feat of cat-wrangling:


According to the vet, *Somebody* needs to go on a bit of a kitty diet.  I'm sure that will be easy and fun!  (not!)

Have you ever had to put a pet on a diet?  I'm open to suggestions.

6 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

It turned out darling. No tips on the pet issue. - Sorry - doesn't sound like it will be fun.

shannon said...

what a cute pillow!! turned out great!

they do make 'light' cat food, and maybe a feeding schedule. ...instead of packing your cats up and taking them to the vet, do you have vets that will come to your house? i have an old lab with hip problems and it is so much easier when they come to you...and it's not as expensive as taking them to a brick and mortar clinic...

Rosemary said...

Does he like to play with cat toys? A bit of exercise each day will help a great deal. Of course you have to find someone with the time to put him through his kitty aerobics but if you can that will definitely help.

Pruina in Australia make a diet cat food with advice on amounts to feed to satsify the cat (huh! when is a cat ever satisfied? and lose weight) - is there something like that in the US?

Tami said...

Since I've never mastered knitting or crocheting - despite repeated attempts - I'll have to jealously admire your pillow from afar. However, that quilt might become a project at my house! And the chair is to die for!

Miri said...

Looks like you're getting ready for the 4th! Looking good!

Anonymous said...

Could you possibly share a picture of your quilt unfolded? It's really an eyecatcher! Would love to see the whole thing.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs