Monday, July 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday: 12 Farmer's Wife Blocks


I'm moving right along with my hot pink Farmer's Wife Quilt.  I'm having so much fun with this.  I just flip through the pages and do whichever block strikes my fancy at the moment.  I've still been too lazy to start printing out templates.  Everything you see is just done by calculation and stitch-and-flip.

Math skills are great - until they let you down.





See this block?  Isn't it gorgeous?  I did my calculations and spent some time making it  I was so proud.

Until I realized the completed block is only five inches instead of six.

Argh.  This one goes in the orphan block pile.  Possibly to become a cute pin cushion or something someday.

Design Wall Monday is hosted by Judy at Patchwork Times.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Anonymous said...

Love, love the hot pink blocks, fabulous!

Laura said...

We've all done that with block sizes! Love the bright pink!

Cathy Tomm said...

Had to check out all the pink. Good job, love all the pink.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs