Friday, April 5, 2013

Another finish in wool


This banner is supposed to be a topiary in a creamer.  It's cute colors but I'm having a little trouble adjusting them so you can really see the blue of the eggs and the pink of the creamer.  I need to figure out some of the finer points of my camera.

Yesterday Drama Girl auditioned for the advanced dance class at her high school.  We have a tradition in our house that any time anybody auditions for something, they get a McFlurry from McDonalds.  We started doing this years ago.  Auditions can be a strain mentally and physically and are often nerve-wracking.  This one was no exception apparently.  Very few open spots in the class and a lot of kids auditioning.  Drama Girl has had many years of ballet but she was also required to do a lot of hip-hop as well as jazz and modern.  She was so sore afterwards she could hardly walk.  If she doesn't get in the class she either takes P.E. or weight training next year to finish her P.E. requirement.  Fingers crossed for her, she'll know on Monday.

My husband saw her walk in the house with her McFlurry and asked if he gets one too.  He got a big promotion yesterday.  I think that deserves something a little more special than a McFlurry.

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

Good luck to Drama Girl and congrats to your husband!!! I'd agree that a promotion deserves a celebration more festive than a McFlurry!

Rosemary said...

Congratulations to your husband and I hope he gets his McFlurry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Drama Girl getting into the advanced dance class.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs