Monday, April 8, 2013

Vintage finish and Amish progress



I just finished this hand-pieced hexagon quilt.  This is the first I've tried with elongated hexies and it had its tricky moments.  I pieced a lot of it in the car on the trip to and from Disneyland.  It was fun to use some of my reproduction prints.


I still struggle with my hand quilting.  This is about the only size I can handle right now.  Anything bigger would frustrate me too much I think.  These little quilts are more work than their size would imply.

So the various stuffed bears and rabbits around the house will get to enjoy my hand work efforts while the kids will have to settle for my machine work.


This is the quilt on my design wall.  It's getting huge so the lower border is just pinned up right now.  That will go on and then the next set of borders have applique. Lots of hours to go before this one is finished.

I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday.  Lots of beautiful work there every week.




3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Melissa said...

I admire anyone who hand-pieces and hand quilts - my Mom machine pieces and then hand quilts - I don't do either.

Love the vibrant quilt on the wall...

Roslyn said...

You have way more patience than I do. I even purchased an old incomplete GFG from eBay, but I will never finish it! Looking for someone else to take it on................

Tami said...

I hand pieced and hand quilted one quilt - about that size. Just wanted to be able to say I did it :) Maybe I'll try again some day.

Your elongated hexes are adorable! Love the color choices.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs