Wednesday, April 10, 2013

On a desert island

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sometimes it feels like a desert island around here.  We've been having a lot of trouble with our internet connection.  As I type this I'm looking at the router and its internet light is red.  I have several tabs on my browser spinning around trying to load.  Then they do.  Then they stop.  It's so aggravating.  I've spent hours with a customer assistance person with the lovely but unlikely name of "Autumn" trying to troubleshoot everything.

Of course, when she checks from her end, everything is fine.  *sigh.*

I've moved that router all over the house.  I'm going to try attaching it to the ceiling with duct tape next I think.

I've been thinking today about how I've grown so dependent on wifi. Living without it, even for short periods, feels like I imagine it must feel to be marooned on a desert island.  How would I find vintage needlepoint kits on ebay?  Or sync my calendar up across my phone and laptop and kindle?  How would I find well-tested recipes?  How would I load even more books onto my kindle?  And how could I possibly live without Pinterest??

Let's hope it never comes to that.  And while I'm on the topic of troubleshooting, let me remind everyone that google reader is going away in July.  Obviously they didn't ask me if that's okay.  I think it's a big mistake.  I'm jumping on the bandwagon with other bloggers an using Bloglovin.  Click on the link at the top of this post and you can migrate your feeds too.  If you don't use a reader yet, let me recommend it as a great way to stay in touch with the blogs you enjoy.

Now I'm off to find the duct tape.





1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

DaiseyJayne.com said...

I feel your pain! It can be supremely frustrating but hang in there, love reading your blog :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs