Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Quick Little Quilt

This is a small, 30" quilt I made for our local hospital.  They collect little quilts for babies in the neonatal ICU.  I've done this technique before, of sewing strips together and making a tube and then slicing and "unsewing" at different points.  It goes pretty fast and it's a fun way to use up scraps.  Looking at it now I wish I'd arranged the colors a little differently, but it's a scrap quilt and some family might appreciate it.

I get a sense of satisfaction that I've used up some fabric, but the bin of scraps is really overflowing right now.  I see a lot more of these little quilts in my future.

I'm so sorry about all the tornado victims this week.  There are a lot of quilters rallying to get quilts out to the affected families.  It's a small thing, but we all hope that quilts convey our love.



1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

DaiseyJayne.com said...

I love this little quilt! What a great cause :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs