Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fun at the Nerd Museum

Drama Girl and I made a quick trip to Seattle this weekend.  It was gray and rainy but we had a fabulous time seeing old friends and touring colleges.

One of the highlights was the EMP Museum.  I'm afraid we geeked out at the displays of fantasy and sci-fi memorabilia.

Here's my childhood.  Right here.  The cowardly lion costume from The Wizard of Oz.  One of the guard costumes is next to it.  This made me ridiculously happy.

The next case had costumes from The Princess Bride.  Yay!!  Another favorite we've seen many times.

We couldn't use flash, so here's a dim picture of Drama Girl swooning over David Bowie's outfit from Labyrinth.

Two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's famous stakes.  We love this show too.  For fellow fans, "Mr. Pointy" is the one on the top.

A Dalek from Doctor Who. Look at that grin.  We loved this place.

Sirius Black's costume from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  I think this was Drama Girl's favorite.

It feels silly to say, but if you're ever in Seattle, I recommend a stop by this museum if you enjoy pop culture memorabilia.  It was beautifully curated and a lot of fun.

The funniest thing about the trip was getting an email from the PTA president  at Drama Girl's high school asking if he'd just spotted me walking around Pike's Place Market.  What are the chances?  I had just been there a few minutes before.  It's a small world.  The older I get, the more often I run into people in unlikely places.  I wonder if there's a name for that phenomenon.

1 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

I would love to visit that museum, in fact my whole family would.Great photos.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs