Friday, June 28, 2013

My baby's back


My beautiful pink Morse sewing machine is back from her vacation with the restoration guy.  She had every little mechanism fixed and fine-tuned.  The mechanic even removed the "Morse" lettering and touched up the black paint between the letters.  It's like she's been to the spa and the cosmetic surgeon.  There were a lot of signs of wear and tear but now she sews beautifully and fast with a soft hum.

Hats off to S.O.S. Machines for the wonderful restoration work.  Visit the website for some beautiful vintage machine eye candy.

She has a faint smell of lubricant still, so I'm going to run some old fabric through just to make sure there isn't any excess. Then I'm going to assign her a project.  I think she needs some vintage fabric to work on.  I was able to get  a case too, so she has a stable base now.

What should she work on first?

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Rosemary said...

She's beautiful. Her time was well spent at the spa. Thank you for the link. I just love old sewing machines!

Tami said...

Beautiful machine - worth the restoration cost, I'm sure.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs