Monday, July 1, 2013

Patriotic Quilt finished


I finished quilting and binding my little quilt made from fabrics given out at the shop hop.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  I did some freehand swags around the border.

The window is pretty bright, but I think this picture shows the curlicues I put in each pinwheel.

This quilt will live on this little table in the corner of the living room for now.  I still have the mini chairs the kids used when they were little.  I made toile slipcovers for them.

Outside the window, we've had some deer hanging out in the front yard.  Not one, but three bucks are trying to stay cool in the shade.


They don't seem shy at all.  I think they're just so hot they hardly care that we're banging car doors in the driveway right next to them.  If you look carefully at the picture you can see that they each have a nice set of antlers.

Linking up today to Design Wall Monday at Patchwork Times.

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Laura said...

Your quilt is lovely! I can't believe the deer are just hanging out like that.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I love the pics of the deer in your front yard! And thanks for stopping by my quilts and dogs blog. Hope you will come back again, I don't rant all the time! LOL!

I have a group of artists who work in the book 365 make something every day and change your life. The book prompts a creative idea each day, I consolidate that over. At Fabric 365 on the side bar in my blog.

That is DiNozzo in the blog header. He is a trip!

Tami said...

Your quilt is adorable - wonderful quilting. And having deer hang out in our yard is amazing!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs