Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sweetheart Houses Progress


Here are the first two houses in my next applique quilt, "Sweetheart Houses."  The pattern is from Shabby Fabrics.  I love pink so I couldn't resist this girly quilt.  Hopefully I'll get it done in time for next Valentine's Day.

We've had a whole range of weather in the last week, including rain.  At last it's getting hot, and I'm not going to complain because it seems we had too much cold weather this spring.  I'm ready for shorts and iced tea.  The garage where my sewing machine lives is nice and cool, so I just have to minimize the amount of time I use the iron.  Actually rather challenging for a quilter.

The kids are driving me a little crazy lolling around the house and checking the refrigerator all day.  It would be great if someone could devise a lock with a timer so they could only open it every three hours or something.  It's really pretty alarming the amount of food they can consume when it's so easy to get to. 

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Heather said...

this is going to be a very pretty quilt. I like that row of three hearts, with the double layer effect. You've started early and making good progress. How many houses are there to make?

Cheryl Lage said...

Omigosh, I LOVE this one! You are so incredibly talented. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs