Monday, September 30, 2013

Leaf bowls and Halloween Craftiness


We made some leaf bowls based on this tutorial from Hello Lucky.  It was really easy and fun.  The hardest part was being patient while the Mod Podge dried.


We had plenty of leaf garlands around the house to work with - doesn't everyone?

They're great for holding little things like candy.  Speaking of which, we're already burning through the candy corn at an alarming rate.  And pumpkin spice kisses!  My favorite.

We've got the decorations up in the house and all the Halloween quilts.  I'm still working on my Jack-o-lantern quilt.

I whipped up a candy-corn themed pillow:

And even though my kids are too big to play with them, I couldn't resist whipping up a batch of soft dolls from some custom fabric I found on Spoonflower:


I guess I'm a little excited for the whole holiday season to start. 

3 people stopped folding laundry to write:

DebbieSFL said...

Love the bowl!! And the candy corn pillow....

shannon said...

i think the dolls are fabulous??

question- does all four dolls come on one yard?

i need these!!

bad :)

Rosemary said...

I love the leaf bowl. I'll have to wait for autumn to buy the leaves though. We don't have candy corn in Australia, so I just try to imagine what it might taste like. :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs